The Take Charge America Institute provides financial education leadership on a national scope at professional conferences, educator training workshops, testimony before federal and state regulators, and much more.
- Dr. Michael Staten, Testimony, U.S. House of Representatives, Committee on Financial Services, Subcommittee on Oversight and Investigations, “What Borrowers Need to Know About Credit Scoring Models and Credit Scores,” July 29, 2008
Invited Meetings/Focus Groups:
- Staten, National Foundation for Credit Counseling, Annual Leaders Conference, presenting “Education and
Counseling: A Sustainable Future? Not Without Evidence of Value to Consumers,” Washington, DC
- Staten, Federal Reserve Bank of Philadelphia, conference on The Future of Consumer Credit Counseling,
keynote presentation, “Education and Counseling: A Sustainable Future?” (July 2009) newsletter article
- Dr. Michael Staten, U.S. Treasury, International Conference on Financial Literacy. (April 2008)
- Dr. Michael Staten, U.S. Treasury, invited presentation at Financial Literacy Education Commission meeting to describe the activities of TCAI and the FEFE project. (September 2008)
- Dr. Michael Staten, U.S. Treasury, invited participant, National Research Symposium on Financial Literacy and Education (October 2008)
- Nicole Chinadle, Journal of Family and Economic Issues. Financial Literacy for Children and Youth by Lucey and Cooter book review. (June 2008)
- Dr. Michael Staten, presentation to the National Foundation for Credit Counseling annual conference on Proposed Test of Expanded Concessions Options for Consumers on Debt Management Plans (September 2008)
- June 2009 FEFE National Training: 83 educators representing 29 states attended
- Specialized Trainings: since June 2009, FEFE has conducted trainings for 455 educators. Extensive trainings were conducted in Arkansas, Louisiana, North Carolina and Maryland
- Dr. Michael Staten, presentation at the 2008 FEFE national training about understanding credit reports.
- June 2008 National Conference: 110 educators representing 29 states attended the annual FEFE training.
- Specialized Trainings & Professional Presentations: Since March 2008, FEFE has conducted eight one-hour to four-day presentations in 7 states for 660 educators. Since July 07, FEFE has conducted presentations for 2, 181 educators. States extensive trainings were conducted in include: Nevada, Pennsylvania, Missouri, North Carolina, Michigan, Arkansas, Maryland.
- Nicole Chinadle-Wanago, American Association for Family and Consumer Sciences national personal finance certification exam test bank team. Served on a team of invited professionals from throughout the United States to analyze standards and write test bank questions which are being used by the national organization for certification. (April—June 2008)