The Take Charge America Institute provides financial education leadership on a national scope at professional conferences, educator training workshops, testimony before federal and state regulators, and much more.
- Dr. Michael Staten, Testimony, U.S. House of Representatives, Committee on Financial Services, Subcommittee on Oversight and Investigations, “What Borrowers Need to Know About Credit Scoring Models and Credit Scores,” July 29, 2008
Invited Meetings/Focus Groups:
- Staten, National Foundation for Credit Counseling, Annual Leaders Conference, presenting “Education and
Counseling: A Sustainable Future? Not Without Evidence of Value to Consumers,” Washington, DC
- Staten, Federal Reserve Bank of Philadelphia, conference on The Future of Consumer Credit Counseling,
keynote presentation, “Education and Counseling: A Sustainable Future?” (July 2009) newsletter article
- Dr. Michael Staten, U.S. Treasury, International Conference on Financial Literacy. (April 2008)
- Dr. Michael Staten, U.S. Treasury, invited presentation at Financial Literacy Education Commission meeting to describe the activities of TCAI and the FEFE project. (September 2008)
- Dr. Michael Staten, U.S. Treasury, invited participant, National Research Symposium on Financial Literacy and Education (October 2008)
- Dr. Michael Staten, presentation to the National Foundation for Credit Counseling annual conference on Proposed Test of Expanded Concessions Options for Consumers on Debt Management Plans (September 2008)
- Dr. Michael Staten, November 2013, Ten "Big Ideas" to Teach Your Students About Personal Finance.
- Dr. Michael Staten, October 2013, The Five Most Important Concepts to Understand About Borrowing and Payment Products.
- National Jump$tart 2012. "Make Every Page Count: Using Children's Literature to Teach Personal Finance in Your Elementary Classroom." - Martha Staten
- Dr. Michael Staten, presentation at the 2008 FEFE national training about understanding credit reports.